YESTERDAY'S POST.....
Today has been a wonderful day. We are SO tired to we decided that we would be a bit more chill today and not go crazy like we did yesterday. Plus we desperately needed to do homework. So that is what we did. I am finally starting to feel a bit more secure with the language and the city. But I still have TONS of work to do. Marie, Ethan, and I all went swimming and tanning...and WHATZ UP we got pretty dark. Here is a picture montage of the day in Merida...
This is where I walk to everyday at like 6:20 in the morning. The beloved bus stop.
Where I do my homework when waiting for my roommate to finish her classes. This is the bibliotecta, which means library. I never thought I would say this. But I am SOOOO grateful for BYU's library. Its like a castle when compared to this one.
It was SOOOOO hot today. While I was doing my homework today, I took a picture of my roommate hopelessly trying to figure out the bus system. This is probably the MOST CLASSIC tourist shot ever. Gotta love this girl.
After we swam and tanned and did homework it was time for....GIRLS NIGHT OUT. We live right next store to a mall so we decided to lay low and explore the mall! Look at this random yogurt train. Some guy was just driving it around there was nothing inside...but pretty awesome.
Me and Marie's FAVORITE ice cream place!!! It is so hot here, and we can't turn on the air conditioning till the night, so having some freezing ice cream is quite refreshing.
Helado=ice cream=Brooke's Favorite.
Then on our amazing night out we went to Wal Mart to pick up a few things for classes, and low-and-behold--JUSTIN BIEBER!! Apparently for some reason he is also famous in Mexico. This is the "Unauthorized Biography of Justin" I kinda secretly want to read it.
Marie and I where dying and so we had to take a picture of the back...this translates as..."is cool, super cute and super sexy, there's only one Justin Beiber". hahahahaha Oh my goodness....OUT OF CONTROL!!!
cheesy smiles in the coolest outdoor mall EVA!!
Ok...so to be honest, this is the most random thing I have ever seen. Thursdays for Mexicans are like their Friday in the United States, so there was tons of people at the mall. There is an area of the mall were a lot of people go because there are a lot of out door bars, so we decided to walk through there. And lo-and-behold there stood this thing. Right in the middle of everything. It had absolutely nothing to do with anything but we thought it was super legit so thus, the photo. After we left it kept walking around....so cool but SOOOO random.
This is the Merida night life. Not very lively in this picture because most parties don't start till 1 a.m.
IT HAS BEEN ANOTHER AWESOME DAY! I love the people here so much. They are wonderful. I also love the culture. I feel like this experience is pushing me to better than I ever thought that I could be. It is extremely hard. Extremely. I was so happy I got to talk to my parents for a second and my dearest friend Jorden for a sec last night. I love you guys!! Thanks for allowing me to grow and learn Spanish!!










No comments:
Post a Comment