Saturday, June 30, 2012

Excursion #1: Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruins and Progresso Beach


 INCREDIBLE DAY TODAY....I'll let the pictures do the talking! THIS HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE DAY SO FAR!!

Off the side of the free way...apparently the world does NOT end in 2012. (actually this is true. Our Mayan teacher told us that their calendar recycles. So the world is not ending. NEWS FLASH!)

Here is the gang! On our way to the Dzibilchaltun!! SO EXCITED!

Temple of the Seven Dolls! SO TIGHT! On the Spring Solstice the sun perfectly aligns in the two doorways--the MAYANS were INCREDIBLE!!  

Cool inscription in the entrance! Mayan temple symbols!

Check out all these ruins! Incredible!!!

Awesome Mayan Pyramid!


YES! Me and Laura!

The gang hanging in the Mayan temple!

Window looking over the Mayan valley in the temple!

I was a sacrifice in the sacrificial part of the Mayan temple!

The beautiful Mexican jungle. 

Lunge. Love the face on the back of this temple. 

Just CHILLIN at the temple--aren't these ruins beautiful?

Oops.

YES!! I wonder if the Mayans did this to intimidate the enemy?

Me and my wonderful roommate!!

The temple view from on top of a pyramid.

A church that was put there by the Christians and then used later for Mayan worship.

On top of the pyramid with Kaitlyn.
The CRAZY Mayan Language. I've learn how to say some things in Mayan. Ask me and I will show you sometime. :) 

JUST FOR YOU MOM AND DAD! I love you Family! Miss ya like CRRRAZY!

Holy Hot Hannah! It was a hot one today. Here is another set of stairs I got to climb. Awesome pyramid.

Cool Mayan God.

Another Cool Mayan God.

Stadium- like area in the ruins. 

The Old Church!

I want this!

Is this were the Mayans played Soccer????

Look at the detail on these rocks! Amazing!

The Mayans LOVED UTAH!! Rock on!!! 

Incredible plumming systems....

Another pyramid of awesomeness.

WOW.

Cenote. THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD.

This is were the Mayan would do sacrifices. Here in this cenote they actually found 100s of skeletons at the bottom but now it is AWESOME FOR SWIMMING!! woooo!!

The Cenote of glory.

More ruins of greatness.

Full shot of the stair of doom.


Amazing. 


View from the back porch of a place we ate lunch at. Oh HEY beach!!

Tacos al Pastor!!! DELICIOUS!

This is how they are made!!! I love it.

Me and my new friend David! He is an incredible soccer player!

We want to become beach bums. THE END.

Beautiful Progresso Beach.

After playing soccer on the beach....OUCH. 

Here is the gang!!! Love these guys!



ANOTHER WONDERFUL DAY IN MERIDA!


No comments:

Post a Comment