First Sunday in Mexico. I am totally homesick. I miss my family like CRAAAAZY. I miss the states. But nonetheless, today was a great day. And I am STILL in love with Merida, Mexico. It is amazing how anywhere that you go in the world the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is still the same. Going to church today was a remedy to my home sickness. I started crying when they were blessing the sacrament, because it felt so much like home. It was something familiar and it was so refreshing. I felt the spirit so strong today and know that I truly do belong to the true church, the church that brings so much joy that can't be found any other way. And the cool thing is is that it is absolutely true no matter where you are, and the people are always there to welcome you in. I never realized how much I loved going to church till today...church has such a special place in my heart. I am SO happy we got to go, it was a little tender mercy that was Heaven-sent today. Church was amazing today, the testimonies that I heard only strengthened mine more. I can't wait to learn how to bear my testimony in Spanish, so that I can share my love for the gospel to the people here in Merida. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I am so so SO grateful for it. In fact without it, I would be completely lost. I KNOW it is true. I KNOW Christ died for me and for you, and He wants us to succeed, and even when I don't believe in myself, I know that He believes in me. I KNOW the Book of Mormon is true...Now more than ever. Especially being in the place where they think the Book of Mormon events may have taken place...it is incredible. The people written about in that book actually lived. I have had a renewed sense of the importance of living right and not wasting time being insecure. Because through Christ and through the help of my Heavenly Father I can do all things. Even if 6 weeks till I see my family again seems like an eternity. Even if my Spanish isn't perfect. With them on my side,
I CAN DO ALL THINGS.
The line to go and vote for both the president of Mexico and the Government of the Yucatan Pennisula. We can't go out for the rest of the day because of the elections...they say it is not safe for us to be out, so today we have been chillin' at home. Which is great because I got to take a HUGE siesta (nap in spanish)...except I took my nap on top of all my homework...yay!
These remind me of one of my favorite people in the world. Jorden Mark Mortensen. Jorden if you are reading this, I miss you like crazy! Seeing these GIGANTIC helicopter seeds helped put a smile on my face. So thank you for the reminder.
"When you see one of these, just remember that life is WAY too good."-JMM
In Mexico when they vote for president they get a mark on one finger and when they vote for the local government they get a mark on the other. This is Ale, mi mamita (Malena), and I just after they voted!
My brand new familia!! From left to right: Monce (from Merida, she is my sister), Mamita (Malena, from Merida), JoJo (she is our new roommate and sister from Louisiana), me, Ale (from Merida, she is my sister), and Marie (my beloved roommate and sister from Seattle) 6 girls under one roof!!! Can you believe it?! It is going to be a blast! I love these girls! Today we got Little Ceasers for lunch. Can you say--Delicious!? They had me sing today and they absolutely loved it. I have a feeling I will be singing a lot in this family. We then watched a little bit of the soccer game. Italia v. Espana...I just smiled, because soccer is a huge deal here. I loved it!!!
Meet our new friend Pedro el Lagarto (Pedro the Lizard). Look at this HUGE iguana right outside our window today. Holy smokes! He sits on the window sill to our room every day around 5 or 6 pm and just stares at us. He loves us, we love him. It is a great relationship.
ANOTHER AMAZING DAY IN MERIDA! READY TO START ANOTHER WEEK!
No comments:
Post a Comment