Literally, today was my favorite by FAR in Merida! Such a blast! I made a new friend! We discovered that we are pretty much the same and identical twins separated at birth. Thus, we discovered that we are new- found-Merida-Best-Friends. Her name is Caitlin and she is beautiful, fun and amazing! I am so excited to get to know her more! But today was amazing, I got to know the people in my group a lot more, practice some Spanish, and had such a blast! Celestun is the excursion that we went on today. Basically it is a beach. A BEAUTIFUL beach. We then took boats out to see huge colonies of flamingos and areas where crocodiles live. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Nothing like boating in the ocean, swimming, discovering crazy animals, playing beach volleyball and smiling your face off while doing it. To top it off, I was with some of the coolest people on the planet.
Me and Caitlin. I get the feeling we are going to be great friends! She truly is such an amazing person!
The BEEEEAUUUTIFUL Celestun Beach. This basically should be a Wallpaper or a screen saver for a computer. It is gorgeous. I love this place. Would go back in a second. PARA-PARA-PARADISE.
The Boat, Caitlin and I!The boat that we got to ride in English was called, "Blue Cactus."
Another amazing view. These were the boats we got to ride in today....SO MUCH FUN!!
Pelican + Doc=Paradise.
This is the Crew aboard the "Blue Cactus". We had a blast riding around in the ocean all day today. You can see why I love these guys.
FREEEEDOM. Best feeling in the world.
Some beautiful birds just off shore. These guys were HUGE.
The gang.
The crocodile haven...apparently...we didn't see any but they are there. ;)
Flamingo fest....THIS WAS INCREDIBLE!! LOOK HOW MANY FLAMINGOS THERE WERE!....
More flamingos.
MORE FLAMINGOS.
Us trying to get a shot with the flamingos and failing.
MORE FLAMINGOS.
MORE AND MORE FLAMINGOS! Aren't they the most beautiful bird in the world! This colony was amazing!
The crew. We decided that we were in Pirates of the Caribbean and so we sang the theme song and "Yo ho, Yo ho, a Pirates life for me" on the trip. We also gave each other pirate names. So here goes the list of names...From left to right: Tyler=Lucky Silver, Brooke=Sandy Scalawag, Caitlin=Suzy Scalawag, Aaron=Short Shorts Sammy, Ethan=Black Beard, Ryan=Captain Crunch.
I am so glad I got to chill with this bunch all day! We had a blast.
The Scalawag Sisters.
Into the Jungle we go....EXPLORING.
This was probably THE most incredible thing that I have ever seen. We went straight from the ocean to here in this tiny little opening. Kinda scary but the most beautiful thing.
Look at the water! Can you say GORGEOUS!
We were in AWE of this incredible place!
Off the dock with Caitlin and Laura! The Nature is amazing and these girls are ready for adventure!
"Ojo de Agua" translates as "Eye of Water". So beautiful. This is the group in the water! The water was RED. This is were crocodiles like to hang out at night and we.....WELL...we swam in it. Good idea? Maybe not. We thought it was cool. Apparently a guy said that there is a crocodiles over in the bushes near where we were...oops. Such a blast though.
The Beautiful Ojo De Agua without people swimming in it. It looks like a fairy tale!
The red water!
The incredible trees!
HELLLO Beach! We rode along shore the entire day. Our "captain" AKA Ryan kept asking me and Caitlin for updates on progression. We would say...well WATER and Land! hahaha
Dead fish.
Aaron forgot his swim trucks so he borrowed some running pants from one of the girls....thus the name on our ship as "Short-short Sammy". All the girls wanted a photo with him. So here are all the girls in the group plus Aaron! Isn't this a good lookin' crew?
Our Volleyball Net. So Legit.
Playin' Volleyball in Mexico. What a dream.
Candid Photo. Found this walking along the beach today.
Volley. BALLERS. Bring it.
The TIGHTEST shell I have ever seen. Scared there was something living in it. But there was nothing. Beautiful.
Boats and people on the white sandy beach!
Streets of Celestun. Beautiful, bright color houses at every turn!
Welcome back to Merida!!
ANOTHER INCREDIBLE DAY IN MERIDA!! TODAY WAS MY FAVORITE BY FAR!! MISS AND LOVE YOU FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
No comments:
Post a Comment