Friday, July 6, 2012

Dance in the Rain

Here is to another 2 great days in Merida! I have been super sick these past few days, so haven't been doing much but studying Spanish. But today I felt a little better so I decided to be super active. Went to school, took a test (I think it went well), played soccer for an hour, sun-bathed, swam, danced, and jumped into the Mexican culture. It is amazing how much you grow when you put yourself out there and do things you never thought you could do. May sound weird, but I feel like a completely different person. I can't wait to make more goals and keep working hard so I can be the best person that I can. I miss home, but I am having a blast and learning Spanish (EATING, DRINKING AND SMELLING SPANISH 24'7). I love the people, the language and this beautiful city they call Merida. 
You know what they say...when life gets rough...dance in the Merida, Mexico rain!! isn't that right?
This picture explains the day today. The experience. Everything. I love Mexico. I love the rain. Bring it on.

Yesterday while I was studying Jojo did some amazing braids! She is awesome! I was feeling super sick yesterday so I stayed in my room after school, trying to study for my test. Update: Test went well! Find out my grades on Monday. But Jojo is a sweetheart--Check these braids out! Talk about a professional.....

My favorite one!!

love!

Dutch Braid? or something? haahaha

Today Monse and Ale made us a DELICIOUS French dish. Monse lived in France for 1 year so she had a great recipe! These girls are the best EVA! Soooo tasty!

What I get to come home to everyday after school!! We played tons of soccer today after school and I had a test today....So today this scene was lookin' mighty fine!

Bronceando. (Spanish for tanning!)

Soak up the sun.

We L-O-V-E this town.

We fell asleep while sun bathing, and this is what we woke up to! Monse you are so cute!! 

The delicious lunch we had today!! YUM YUM!

Right in the middle of lunch, a HUGE rainstorm hit, so what did we do? We DANCED.

And I mean danced A LOT. Monse put on music and we had at it! Such a blast!



Beautiful Mexican Rain Storm. 

WE WHIP OUR HAIR BACK AND FORTH!
Time for bar hopping-for salsa dancing! Thanks Monse for the beautiful dresses! :)

Order: coke and lemonade!! :) YUM! Lots of dancing!

Live Cuban band and Cuban dancing at Cuba Cuba--Merida, Mexico!

DANCE!!!! WITH LIVE BAND!!

Kaitlin and I lovin' the band and the dance!

CUBA CUBA DANCING!

The girls! We love salsa! We are practicing so we can become champions...AT SALSA!


Another amazing couple days in Merida! I am learning and growing tons! XOXO from Merida, Mexico!



1 comment: