Yesterday was a BLAST. Can I just say I LOOOOVE my family! The family Patron is amazing! My mami Malena, my sisters Monse and Ale, and my roommates Jojo and Marie---I LOVE YOU GUYS! We miss Ale because she is in Mexico City right now working! Today was an amazing day because I learned A TON. Since we were out on the town, I got to talk to a lot of people. Something I realized is actually extremely difficult is SMALL TALK in a different language. Me, Malena, and Jojo went to get out hair permanently straighted (at least for a few days) at a salon. It was so hard to have a conversation with my hairdresser in spanish, because small talk is hard in another language! But I got some great practice! We then went to Sam's Club and I got to speak some more there! I am learning tons, and am so grateful my family is giving me these opportunities to be out in the community speaking to the natives. Its hard, but I know that if I keep putting myself out there, I will become a better speaker. After returning from the store, Monse, Jojo and I hung out and learned some sweet cup game that we are going to soon make a video and put on youtube. Jojo and I worked out and then later the 3 of us went to a Sushi bar for sushi! A whole bunch of Monse's friends came and Monse was amazing and taught me the Yucatean accent! I am trying to practice so I can be better! But again the entire night, I was conversing with Monse and her friends! Marie later joined us and we had a blast! Here is a montage of the day....p.s. I love spanish. I am not the best, but I am trying and hoping that I get SO much better than where I am at right now....
HAIR BEFORE
Humidity plus Brooke's Thick hair= DISASTER.
After we got our hair straightened with our beautiful hairdressers!!
Excersies to crazy Spanish rap music. Gotta love Jojo.
Jojo, I love your face in this one.
While I was working out trying to get all shaped up and stuff, Jojo....SO CUTE. Thanks to Monse the beautiful photographer of our pathetic workout.
hahahahahaha
On our way to the Sushi Bar! Lookin' fresh for the first time in weeks!
THE COOLEST Sushi Bar. Sit on the floor. Here Monse taught me the magic of the Yucatean accent and we tried to impress her friends when they arrived.
This looks like Pokemon.
Sushi....MMMMMMM
A night on the town with my beautiful sisters! Love ya'll!
ANOTHER WONDERFUL DAY! LEARNING TONS!! AND STILL NEED TO PRACTICE A MILLION THINGS!
No comments:
Post a Comment