Today was beautiful. For various different reasons. I am starting to be more and more aware and grateful for the life that I have. All the zillions of opportunities that have presented themselves throughout my life. Today was an amazing time to sit, listen to Spanish, and truly ponder about life. I read this quote given in one of Thomas S. Monson's talks, and I feel like it describes perfectly what I needed to hear at this point in my life, "How grateful we should be that a wise Creator fashioned an earth and placed us here, with a veil of forgetfulness of our previous existence so that we might experience a time of testing, an opportunity to prove ourselves in order to qualify for all that God has prepared for us to receive." I feel like there is this HUGE glorious pathway in front of me, with so many opportunities a long the way...I just hope that I can take advantage of every single last chance I get. Today was another day that I was reminded that the Church is true, and there are AMAZING people no matter their religion, race, or lives. People are incredible. We all want to be happy, and that is why I want to go on a mission so bad. So I can share with many different people what makes me the happiest. Today I sat by a investigator during church. I shared my testimony in Spanish, it was such a special moment. I want to live and share what makes me the happiest. I never realized exactly how wonderful the restored gospel actually is until today.
Eating lunch at the Country Club! MUY RICO!!! (amazing food)
Country Club. Livin' the high life...The architecture was beautiful!
The golf club!
Chicken Ceaser Salad
Fruits....but ICE cream inside instead of fruits.
Coconut ice cream...INSIDE a coconut. The best that I have had.
The family!
The rommate.
THE GORGEOUS LANDSCAPE
A famous artist who saw herself as extremely ugly, so she painted herself like that. Her name=Frida Kahlo.
Cool engraving in the Club.
Went to mass with Mami and Abulita (grandma) today! It was beautiful!
Mami and Abuelita
The Mall. WITH AN ICE SKATING RINK INSIDE!!!!
AN AMAZING DAY!!!!!!
Brooke, you are adorable and I am so happy for you to be enjoying such a wonderful, spiritual, and fun adventure in Mexico! Hope you enjoy every last second of it, call me when you're back!:)
ReplyDelete