Friday, July 20, 2012

Tortillas, Temple, Centro and DANCING.

These past few days have been, well BUSY...but only the best kind of busy. So I didn't have time to write on my blog/upload pictures... Here we go. Brace yourself there is an assortment of photos.

The start of something Amazing. I never new how hard it is to make hand make tortillas, much less making it into a perfect circle...

Our chef, an amazing woman, Marie-Jesus--showed us all how to make hand-made tortillas! Golly, was it hard to make them round!




STRUGGLE. Tortillas. Can you say--maybe it took Brooke 10 minutes?

Mamicita Malena!! She makes me smile SO big!

The finished product! By the time I finished making one, Marie-Jesus made like 10. I got to eat my tortilla after with queso! YUMMMMY! Thanks for showing me, you are amazing!


Today, We FINALLY got to into the temple and do services there today. It was absolutely incredible and refreshing to be in there. It is amazing how much I feel like I am at home when I am within those walls. 

Inside, there were some beautiful pictures of the Book of Mormon times. I saw a painting of Jesus coming down and visiting the Lamanites. I started to cry. I realized how much the Book of Mormon is true, I know those scenes once happened. It is true, and I know it is. 

Press Forward with Faith. 

The beautiful temple at sunset.

The beautiful temple at sunset. 

Me and my new friend from the ward! Her name is Marie! She is absolutely beautiful in everyway. So kind. 

Here is the group! I'm so grateful I get the chance to spend the summer with these cool cats!

Guanabana. It is a fruit here in Merida. Isn't that amazing?!

The streets of downtown Merida! Gorgeous!

Downtown at night!

Ice Cream at the Infamous Colon! YUM YUM! Coconut ice cream...nothing like it. 

The coolest instrument and weirdest sounding thing. BUT SO COOL. He was playing while we were walking the streets of Merida.

Monse's AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS Banana Bread. I HAVE TO HAVE the recipe! Thanks Monse!

Jojo, Monse and I getting ready for the party! We found these random glasses and decided we loved them way too much not to take a picture. 

My beautiful sisters ready to go to Cuba Cuba for Salsa Dancing! We had a blast getting all ready! Monse was a doll and let us wear her beautiful clothes and helped us be all fashionable!

Dancing salsa at Cuba Cuba!

Alejandro and I at the Salsa dance! 

BOMBBBAA!!! This is Bomba! This is us dancing salsa!

The gang! I love every single one of these people so much! Tonight was such a BLAST!

Then we went to this random children's park in the City Center Mall. Rat?

The gang hanging at the indoor playground thing.

Monse and I.

Awkward poses. YESSSS.

TODAY was one of the funnest that I have had. I love this place so much. Every day I learn so many new things about the culture, the people, myself, the church, the language and I never want to stop learning all that I can. I LOVE MERIDA! 


No comments:

Post a Comment