Today was my first 4th of July out of the country. A little sad, because the fourth of July is my MOST FAVORITE holiday of the year. But my host family was amazing! They set up our own little fourth of July! It was such a blast. Literally the only thing missing was the fireworks--because they are illegal here in Merida. What did us three American girls do to celebrate the greatest country in the world?! Well we did everything we knew how that was completely American. You will see the montage of pictures in just a second. But I just wanted to take a minute and say what a great country the United States actually is. WE ARE SO BLESSED TO LIVE THERE. It is beautiful and most of all it is FREE. FREE to express. FREE to dream. FREE to be who you are and believe how you will. It is weird, because this is my first time out of the country for Independence day, and I never realized how much I would truly appreciate America. I miss it so much. I can see why people would sacrifice so much just to be there. It is truly an amazing place. More than anything I wished I could be there tonight to celebrate with my family and friends...but we celebrated just not necessarily completely American style...well of course we gotta have some Mexican fiesta in there don't we?
Here is the montage for the day....
A sign that Monce made for us when we got home from school.
APPLE PIE!
Lemons. From her LEMON TREE. No big deal.
Improvisational of the apple pie...and dancing.
YUM!
YES!
The pre-pie.
WHATS UP.
BURNT. Woops. Still delicious. Our host family liked it.
The most beautiful place in all of Merida.
Calling all nations!
Mexican-American BBQ!!!
The Americans. White girls just wanna have fun!
Monce!
Girls CAN BBQ!
What up JoJo
Beautiful Palm Tree and moon.
Me and Monce at the 4th of July PARRRTAY
Burger. In Mexico. On the 4th. Perfect.
Mexicans celebrating the 4th of July!! PERFECT!! LOVE THESE GUYS. They are Monse's friends!
Another happy day in Mexico! I love this place!
No comments:
Post a Comment