Ok....SO I know that I say this everyday, but today really was MY FAVORITE DAY. Story of the Day: Jammed with Cody on the Ukulele for 2 hours on the bus on our way to the Cenote. Got to the cenotes and rode horse-powered trains into the Mexican jungle in search of the cenotes. Laughed really hard, discussed political and economic crisis with members of my group. Here was the view of the train-track horse things....
Horsy!
The little carts that took us there.
Laura, Lily (Professor Alvord's daughter), and I on the train! We had a great time discussing politics and economics with Tyler and Aaron!
Cuddle-Kins....Isn't she the cutest thing!
CENOTE #1: So the story of these 3 cenotes...they are all in CAVES....AWESOME, RIGHT? Well what is even cooler is that surrounding the city of Merida there is a whole bunch of cenotes, one about every few kilometers. The three that we visited today just happen to be the world's prettiest. It is kinda cool because you can get certified to cave Scuba Dive and go through all the tunnels between them...how cool is that?! So this is number one.
To get to the Cenote we had to climb down this super steep ladder...Kinda Scary, Kinda Legit.
The View at the bottom of the latter. Can you say G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!?
The following pictures don't even do this thing justice. It was the most beautiful water, place and cave I have ever seen......
Its illegal to smile this big.
Some of the girls and I. This was probably everyone's favorite excursion because literally we all felt like we were on National Geographic.
Some more of my wonderful class mates. We felt like THE LUCKIEST kids today!
From the top of Cenote #1. We climbed like monkeys on every vine and rock we could find! Cliff jumping was my favorite. There was one part that we climbed through that was pitch black but when you get the top you can jump. The coolest thing ever.
Cenote #2: MY FAVORITE. This was soooooo much fun. A cliff of 50 feet? Did we jump it? YES. Did we climb until every muscle in our bodies hurt and we couldn't take it, but still kept going? Double YES.
One view of the jump that we did.
Inside Cenote #2. Look at the beauty. I wish I could live here! This is also a view of the drop from 50 feet.
Climbing monkeys.
LOOK AT THE WATER!!!
At the top of one cliff we jumped!
THE WATER. I couldn't get over it.
Jump #1. This was so fun! :)
Jump #2. Around 50 feet!
Jump. Yes that blur is me jumping this crazy cliff. I fell for what felt like 20 minutes!
Beautiful Cenote.
View from the top of the cliff. SO SCARY.
This is ONE HAPPY GIRL.
Cenote #3: Gorgeous.
Entrance of the Cenote.
The beauty surrounding the Cenotes. Tom, I, Aaron.
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.
Alejandra and Me at the Cenote. She helps plan the Excursions.
How deep the cave was that we swam in!! SO COOL.
Train tracks!
Ethan and I happy to be going back after killing ourselves on the Cenotes.
A cool-looking, traditional cathedral of Merida.
BEACH. At night. Our family invited us to a party on the beach! I love the beach, sunsets and meeting new people...so this was a perfect match.
The pool we swam in right next to the beach. Can you say BEAUTIFUL!! Or can you say--can I build a house here please.
The Beach House.
My wonderful sisters.
My favorite place in the world!
The beach has my heart. As do all my friends and family. XOXOX
Boat night on the beach! All the Mexicans play in their boats later in the evening because it isn't as hot.
One of my favorite things to do on the beach---THINK and LISTEN.
This is so beautiful.
Walking along the coast with my Family.
Beautiful Sunset sky.
Cool Drawings on the wall.
Sunset + my sisters= <3
The ocean waters!
Swimming in the pool with this random surf board thing we found.
Thinking. And meditating. What could be more perfect. The ocean right in front of us, sitting in a warm pool, star gazing and watching a lighting storm in the distance as music softly plays in the background. CAN YOU SAY---PARADISE?
New Friends! They were so fun to chill in the pool with them.
Fiesta=a whole new family of friends! I love these guys! Thanks for a wonderful night. They found out that I sing and thus, THE ENTIRE NIGHT I was singing for all these boys and their parents and it was SO MUCH FUN. I loved it!
The gang. On the Beach. I love these people. This. Is. The. Life.
Abuelita and I at the fiesta. She is so kind.
Jose-Manuel, me and Malena! These people are amazing! I am so grateful for them.
My new Mexico Family! They are all beautiful and I love them all very much! I feel like the LUCKIEST girl to be able to live with them. Jojo left today, I am going to MISS HER LIKE CRAZY.
ANOTHER AMAZING DAY IN MERIDA!
No comments:
Post a Comment