Sunday, July 29, 2012

Excursion #6: Exploring Pueblos

Another incredible excursion. 
Learned a lot. 
The people here are amazing. 
Exploration of their lives lets me get a little bit more in my shoes. 
Talent, beauty and a LOT of culture today. 
How real hammocks are made! Such a legit "store" that we went to! 

The beautiful Hammok in its natural habitat. 

Each hammock takes about 2 months to make. WOAH. 

Kaitlin and I at the Bakery! Best in the Yucatan! Pan de dulce was incredible!

16 going on 17....Ethan and Marie. 

Beautiful Cathedral. 

The Yellow City. 
Was painted yellow before the pope of the Catholic church came to visit. 
The ENTIRE city is YELLOW. 

Beauty. 

Love. 

Caitlin and I.

The detail.

The pope statute. 



What a beautiful welcome the pope must have had when he visited here. 

cool things in the chapel....

Cool mural. 

The chapel. 

Art. 

GORGOUES.

We 3 kings..

Look at the architecture. 

Aaron and I. Beautiful Cathedral. Great for thinking. 

Mary, the mother of Jesus. 

Beautiful paintings. 

Light the candle. (now electric because too many churches burned down)

Random. But awesome. 

Beautiful spanish art. 

Cross...


Ancient murals ....


The yellow city....IT LITERALLY WAS ALL YELLOW


Awesome random ruin in the middle of no where. 

Pyramid of greatness. 

Landscape of destiny. 

Stairs of doom. 

Classic tourism picture. 

Becca and I on top of the LOOOOONNNNNG Hike up to the top of the pyramid. 

Landscape=I am in love. 

The carriage we took around to visit all the tiendas in the pueblos. 

Taylor, Aaron, Tom and I ready to explore the pueblos. 

Pueblo exploring. 

What they make clothes with. 

Most beautiful Mexican dress of all time. Love it. 

Grandma's rocking chair. Love it. 

Paper-Mache Butterflies, I love it so much. 

The process of making the paper mache. 

Beauty. 

Mayan Chess, anyone?

Can I get all of these?

SAWWWEET

These are funny.

Arma-what?

A carpender's work...incredible.

Carving. 


Horse with Sombrero. Must be in mexico. 

Streets.

Pan store.

Classic mexican game. Taught by a very charismatic man. 

Cool Mural.

Yellow. 

Jewelry. Made from fruit and Heneken. 

Want. 

Mayan singing to us in Mayan. Love. 

Henecken processed for jewelry 

Tight. 

ANOTHER INCREDIBLE DAY IN MERIDA!

No comments:

Post a Comment