So we basically had this week off from school.
What does that mean?
ADVENTURE. ADVENTURE. ADVENTURE.
What does a sketchy bus, bus station, city, cenotes, caves, and motor-bike taxis all have in common?
The adventure of a lifetime.
This was by far my favorite adventure this week.... here is why..
There was 7 of us who got together (thanks to the brilliance of the beautiful Laura Payne who so graciously planned the trip) to go cenote jumping and caving in a Mayan pueblo about 1.5 hours outside of Merida called Hulum. Was it a experience? oooo yeah.
Here is me and Luchi with our tickets to the unknown Mayan world.
Waiting for the bus. This was our FAVORITE picture of the entire trip because these are REAL smiles. The guy taking our picture must of have been the most authentic Mayan we have ever met. Basically I asked him in Spanish to take our picture. He kindly agreed, but then he put the digital camera up to his eye (like you used to have to with the old cameras) and then I told him, that there was no need to do that. But yet, he still insisted on taking the picture that way. I WISH I HAD A PICTURE OF THE MAN TAKING THIS PICTURE. It was pretty funny.We could NOT stop smiling. These are real smiles. It made the entire trip.
The Sketch bus. Love these guys.
The Mayan Pueblo. Right when we got off the bus, we were attacked by people wanting to show us around. Pretty sure we were the first white people they had ever seen.
The gang at Cenote #1.
The entrance to Cenote #1
Cenote #1. Bats Everywhere. Not my favorite. Still GORGEOUS. I just didn't like the bat droppings that were swimming next to me in the cenote.
Cenote #1 Cave Landscape. Beauty.
The gang. STOKED.
The Cenote itself. With all of its bat and beauty greatness.
National Geographic.
Hole into the cenote...tempted to jump? yep. Only there wasn't water underneath.
Aaron, Luchi and I.
We fit 7 people between these two Dirt-bike taxis. SO MUCH FUN!! This was our ride to all the other cenotes.
The reflectors. So tight. Probably an old BackStreet Boys CD. Possible Enrique Inglesias?
Cenote #2 Sign
The path that we tread on the way to the cenotes. MEXICAN JUNGLE. I love it. The open road.
Henequen. A famous Merida/Mexican Plant.
My Taxi Crew. We had a blast on these things!
Entrance to Cenote #2
Tree roots.
Cenote #2. This is a new cenote, only discovered 5 years ago. Gorgeous.
Cenote/cave #2
THE SCARIEST CENOTE! We were the only ones there and it was PITCH black. We were scaring each other the entire time. But it was such a blast.
The rope that I held on to because I was scared of monsters :)
Cave/Cenote #2
Stalagmites.
GORGEOUS.
I want one.
The gang with our awesome taxi driver!!
Cenote #3
Tyler, Me and Aaron Pumped for #3
Ojo de Agua of Cenote #3
HUGE cenote #3
Rope swing=everyone's favorite cenote. We had a blast on this thing.
Cheesiest picture award of the century.
Such. A. Blast. Would go back in a second.
I got my dream! Riding on the back of a motorcycle....kinda! hahaha
He was an awesome person! It was fun to get to know him as my face was getting plastered with bugs.
The Mayan Pueblo landscape.
More Political campaigning. I am pretty sure they are way more into political campaigning here in Mexico than we are in the States.
Cenote/Cave #4
Entrance to Cenote #4=STOKED.
Caving in a SWIMMING SUIT AND FLIP FLOPS. What an experience.
The gang inside the entrance.
GET THIS:
Caving. but in WATER. SO LEGIT.
Yes. Give me a cave. Give me a bathing suit. Give me the most legit thing in the universe.
Caving.
The cenote INSIDE THE CAVE!!
The gang inside the cenote inside the cave inside the coolest place EVA!
Landscape of the cave.
Gorgeous. I didn't want to leave.
Luchi and I on the other side of the cenote.
The gang.
Caving.
UNDERWATER CAVING. Thanks to Cody for scaring the Hibi-Gibies out of me as I went under these rocks with water. Cody kindly scared me because it was PITCH BLACK and completely innocent. How was I to know? You got my back Cody.
Conquerors of the Cenotes!!
GOOOOOORGEOUS cave that we caved.
The gang after Swim caving.
Cody and I.
Pirates of the Caribbean remake. This place was gorgeous.
Explorers.
The Cave.
Walking from the bus on the way home a HUGE rainstorm hit. WE GOT DRENCHED.
Pinata. Ale's birthday was today. What does that mean? My Little Pony Pinata. Done and DONE!!!
CANDYYYY. Mexican style....so it is ALL spicy!
What we fit into the Pony.
Monse and the Pony.
The birthday girl filling up her pinata! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT-OUT TO THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL! Feliz Cumpleanos Ale!! You are amazing!! :) Hope you had a great day!
My wonderful sisters Filling up the pinata!
Bomba and I. Jamming to a Jazz band that played for Ale's birthday at our house! WHAT A BLAST! It was so much fun to listen to the music and get to know all of Monse and Ale's friends. Love them!
Ale requested I sing with the band! I was so stoked! So I got to sing with these cool cats!! I sang "Play that Funky Music" it was such a blast. I love musicians. I love singing. I love singing by a pool in Mexico for a party. What a blast. I have never felt so ALIVE!
Me with the band! They were amazing! SUCH A TALENTED BAND! I WAS AMAZED! This band is called, "La Dali Funk". I am definitively a fan! The genre literally is Jazz/Rap/Funk music. SO AWESOME. Loved it. Check them out! I am uploading the video of me singing with them soon, so check back here for the link!
ANOTHER INCREDIBLE DAY IN MEXICO!!! :) I LOVE THIS PLACE!
No comments:
Post a Comment