AMAZING DAY IN CAMPECHE!
Pirates.
Sharks.
Ocean.
Walking.
Forts.
Museums.
Walking.
Ocean.
What do they all have in common?
An adventure outside of the state of Yucatan, into Campeche (close to Guatamala)!
What. A. Day.
Love.
Cool. Canons. Fort that they used to fend off the pirates back in the day. I would have loved to be here when the action was going down. I couldn't stop singing Pirates of the Caribbean all day.
Entrance to the Fort.
$$$$ from all around the world. Still confused why it was in the fort. Maybe the pirates left it?
Out-looks over the ocean....
The gang. Pirates BEWARE.
MORE $$$
My new favorite piece of artwork.
Oops. Left my mask.
Exotic Vending Machine Treats inside the fort.
Gorgeous Day. I could have flown.
Ready. Aim. FIRE.
Peephole out one of the towers into the ocean.
I wouldn't mind having this fort as a house.
The battle grounds.
Layout of the fort.
TIGHT QUARTERS. Those Mayans must have been PRETTY tiny.
This is the lookout tower. Room for 3. Love it.
The gorgeous outlook!
We decided to have a battle within the fort because we had time. Cody was the first to go...:(
The Epic Battle.
Could I please be a pirate?
Captain Hook PhotoShoot.
Random Cave looking thing we saw.
Beautiful Cathedral Downtown.
Centro of Downtown Campeche.
THE WEIRDEST SCULPTURES I have EVER seen. Secretly loved it though.
Weird.
Gorgeous inside of the Cathedral
Love the architecture
Statues.
Botanical Gardens.
Besties. La-Li, Caitlin and I. Swinging with exotic plants surrounding us.
Coolest tree I have ever seen.
Epic Shot. Epic Garden. Epic.
Random statue. Goin' to work.
SNO-CONE Shack!!! Hayden and Family: check out how he is making these sno-cones!! amazing right?!
Nothing like a Sno-Cone to cool you off when it is 1000000 degrees out.
Another pirate outlook.
Me, Aaron, and Ton.
Museum. Chaaaac.
Beautiful Streets of Campeche. Nothing makes me happier than brightly colored houses.
YES.
This place was incredible.
Entrance to the beach.
Perfect Perspective.
Coolest Campeche Mural of the century.
Resturante break! We wanted to try Shark....so to the beach we went.
This is call Pan de Cazon. This is Shark with tortillas and Tomato and Habanero Pepper on top.
Not a sea-food person, none the less I braved the challenge. DO NOT EVER eat an entire habanero pepper. Aaron did and got the hiccups, tears, and could bearly breathe. I tried I tiny tiny bite of the pepper and about cry my eyes out. Only solution=sugar. Did we have sugar? no. so we cried. DANGER ALERT.
Shark Panuchos.
This is what Shark meat looks like. Not my favorite. But not too bad. I couldn't get over that I was eating my worst fear: the SHARK.
Grossest thing I ever drank. Chilipowder + fruit drink=not edible.
The coast!
We were bummed we couldn't swim here, but it is probably for the better, as we probably would have been eaten by sharks....or better yet captured by pirates.
In Centro! This place was so cool! Filled with a lot of different shops we got to explore. Such a blast.
Park Bench.
The Market. Found this pirate looking headband that caught my hippie-seeking eye.
Pirate Laura, me and Pirate Caitlin. Apparently pigeons poked their eyes out. hahaha These girls rock.
NACHOOOOOOOO LIBRE!!! This was literally straight from the movie Nacho Libre, so I HAD to try it. Little did I know it would be the grossest thing I ever ate.
Meet Elote. Elote is: Corn on the Cob, Lime, Mayonaise, and Chili Powder. Sounds great right?
The try.
The reaction. Grossest thing I have/will ever eat. I guess it was a GREAT culture experience. (after my taste buds recovered 4 hours later)
The beautiful sunset we witnessed on the bus ride home. GORGEOUS.
ANOTHER AMAZING DAY!!! INCREDIBLE EXCURSION!! I love Campeche.
No comments:
Post a Comment