The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.-Ghandi
Today, we had the chance to serve. It was truly amazing because we visited and did service in a hospital where people go to when they don't have enough money to afford regular health care. Walking up to the hospital, I saw this man that you see in the first photo (on the right). Immediately I knew he was very sick. He had a tumor growing out of his head. His name is Jose. He has had a tumor growing on his head for 18 years. He can bearly talk, but was one of the happiest people I have ever met.Everyone divided up into different jobs. I got lucky enough to be one that got to visit with the sick. I visited with my new inspiration, Jose. He goes into surgery after waiting 18 years on August 28th. My thoughts and prayers are with him. I also got the chance to sing for a whole bunch of the people in the hospital. I sang "There can be miracles when you believe". I know that they can't understand me, but I hope that the spirit of the song touched their hearts. I realized today that it really doesn't matter your circumstances, your trials, your hardships. You know what does matter? Is our attitude about life. Nothing can bring you down if you don't let it bring you down. Jose is a Rock. I hope I can be like him someday.
Jose, on the right. Inspiration.
Chapel within the hospital.
Mary.
Cafeteria
Playing with the kids of one of the families staying in the hospitals. SO HAPPY.
Jose and I. After chatting with Jose for an hour or so, I prayed with him in Spanish, hoping in some small way that it would give him more strength and more faith. I know that it will.
Singing to the Sick. "There can be miracles when you believe"
The beautiful, Hurricane-driven sky as we were driving home.
I love this place. I love the people who live here. Amazing.
Love this post!!! That's awesome :)
ReplyDelete